As another year draws to a close, I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and, if you are a piano student or teacher, have found it beneficial and of interest. Here are my top six blog posts of the year – several are perennially popular and have appeared on my Christmas ‘favourites’ list many times.
- 10 tips to seriously improve your piano playing in 2016!
- 10 reasons to play the piano
- A few thoughts on Chopin’s Nocturne No. 20 in C sharp minor
- Resolving tension in piano playing
- Scales – six reasons why you need to practice them
- 9 top tips for practising octaves
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you all for reading my blog, and for your kind messages and continued support.
WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY, PEACEFUL AND FESTIVE CHRISTMAS
Melanie Spanswick has written and published a wide range of courses, anthologies, examination syllabuses, and text books, including Play it again: PIANO (published by Schott Music). This best-selling graded, progressive piano course contains a large selection of repertoire featuring a huge array of styles and genres, with copious practice tips and suggestions for every piece.
For more information, please visit the publications page, here.