May I take this opportunity to wish you and your families a very Happy Christmas. Thank you for perusing my blog this year, whether you’re a regular reader or someone who pops by occasionally, I appreciate your support and interest. I hope 2017 will be a wonderful, healthy, and happy year, and may all your dreams come true.
I thought it might be worthwhile revisiting my top 10 most popular blog posts of 2016. So here they are in order of popularity (to read, just click the link of each listed post). I hope you have found my musings and teaching tips useful. If there’s a topic I haven’t yet covered but on which you would like some input, please don’t hesitate to get in touch (via my contact page here on the blog).
The top post (How long will it take to learn to play the piano?) has been in top spot since this blog’s inception, and many of the posts are perennial favourites.
- How long will it take to learn to play the piano?
- 10 reasons to play the piano
- A few thoughts on Chopin’s Nocturne No. 20 in C sharp minor Op. Posth.
- Why is Grade 5 Theory so important?
- Resolving tension in piano playing; article for EPTA’S Piano Professional
- Structured piano practice in 5 simple steps
- A few thoughts on Beethoven’s Für Elise
- Contemporary Piano Music?
- 10 Top Tips for successful practice in 2014
- Teaching & Adjudicating
Post number 5, Resolving tension in piano playing, has become increasingly popular, and over the past month has repeatedly been in the top spot. Which perhaps shows how many suffer from tension related issues (it’s the technical element I spend most time working on and alleviating in my teaching). Point number 10, Teaching & Adjudicating (which is really part of my biographical information) has also increased in popularity too.
Happy holidays and see you in 2017!