As most readers know, Pianist magazine is a great publication for anyone learning to play the piano (it’s also helpful and informative for professional pianists too). Brimming with interesting articles, step-by-step lessons from expert teachers, and copious free scores which inhabit the centre of the magazine, not forgetting the CD which adorns the front cover of every issue.
Great Piano Composers of the Classical Era proffers articles, information and tips on the Classical style. Included in this issue:
- The usual 40 pages of sheet music; Pianist magazine’s editor, Erica Worth, selects the best Classical Scores from past issues of the magazine
- 5 how-to-play lessons from beginner to advanced – including Beethoven’s ‘Moonlight’, a Clementi Sonatina movement and Mozart’s Rondo in A minor
- 2 masterclasses from the experts Mark Tanner on perfecting your Classical playing and Graham Fitch on improving techniques found in the Beethoven Sonatas
- Top concert pianists talk about the joys (and challenges) of playing the great Classical repertoire
- John Suchet, Classic FM radio presenter and Beethoven author, talks about the composer and his music
- Walk in the footsteps of the great Classical composers A feature on European cities and festivals brimming with Classical music history
- The Best Classical Sheet Music Pages of reviews so that you’ll know the best books to own
- In-depth article on Beethoven’s ’32’
- The keyboards of the Classical Era
I’ve contributed two articles to this issue as well; step-by-step lessons on C P E Bach’s ever popular Solfeggietto and Haydn’s Andantino. If you pre-order your copy a special offer awaits, with a reduced rate of £4.50 (the cover price is £5.99). Release date is June 26th.
To pre-order this magazine click here and enjoy!