Weekend Competition: Three prizes!

getattachmentthumbnail

Today’s competition features three Schott publications;

Russian Folk tunes comprises a set of traditional tunes arranged and played by bandoneonist, composer and arranger Julian Rowlands. There are 23 pieces in the volume, intended for approximately intermediate to advanced players. Find out more here.

Piano Piccolo which contains 111 easy original piano pieces compiled by German composer, teacher and arranger Hans-Günter Heumann. Great for elementary students who desire a broader repertoire. Find out more here.

Blues, Boogie and Gospel Collection by British composer and jazz pianist Tim Richards. This book contains 13 original pieces plus two arrangements as well as copious practice and performance notes. Find out more here.

As always, for a chance to win one of these publications, please leave your comments in the comment box at the end of this post, and I will announce the three winners on Sunday evening (British time), here on the blog. Good luck!

My publications:

For much more information about how to practice piano repertoire, take a look at my piano course, Play it again: PIANO (published by Schott Music). Covering a huge array of styles and genres, the course features a large collection of progressive, graded piano repertoire from approximately Grade 1 to advanced diploma level, with copious practice tips for every piece. A convenient and beneficial course for students of any age, with or without a teacher, and it can also be used alongside piano examination syllabuses too.

You can find out more about my other piano publications and compositions here.

21 Comments Add yours

1. Jo snowden says:

All 3 look different and interesting, I would be happy to try any one of them out.

2. Thank you for bringing these books to our attention! I am particularly interested in trying Tim Richards’ book, his books on jazz piano are the best I’ve seen.

3. Rebekah says:

These look interesting. Would love some new repertoire for my studio!

4. sparklebel says:

These all look fabulous! Especially interested in the original blues and gospel for some of my students 🙂

5. Michele Izard says:

I love the sound of all of those…the Russian and blues ones for me, the German ones for my daughter who has just started learning…

6. They all look interesting. Especially “Blues, Boogie …”

7. Jacquie Touchie says:

Hi Melanie! I have not heard of any of these collections, nor the composers. Would love to know more.

8. These sound really interesting – keep changing my mind about which would be top of my wish-list!

9. Loraine says:

The three books look interesting , particular interested to the piano piccolo and the blues book for my students.

10. Noreen says:

They all look great. I love being introduced to new music.

11. Karla Wakeen says:

Thank you for the invite. I like seeing the Russian Folk Songs collection! Have a great day!

12. Matthew Ellson says:

All three books look great. A good addition to any repertoire

13. Rachel says:

All three of these books look very appealing – the music inside is the most important bit, but it does help when the cover looks attractive too!

14. These would all fit in so nicely with my Studio and current students. I’d love to try all of them!

15. Rebecca Hardy says:

I haven’t seen these books before!

16. Irma says:

Very interesting collection. Would be nice addition to my studio library

17. Pamela Denison says:

The books look great. A great addition to the repertoire.

18. Rachel says:

Thanks for bringing these to our attention. Piano Piccolo looks great for elementary students.

19. John C. says:

All the books look attractive, but as a pensioner and keen piano re-starter, the Piano Piccolo book seems more suitable to my ability !

20. Lavinia Livingston says:

Each of these books sounds amazing. Thank you for bringing our attention to these wonderful teaching resources, although I look forward to playing and enjoying all this music myself, as well as introducing it to my students.

21. Many thanks to all who took part in this competition, which is now closed 🙂