Weekend Competition! You can read music by Paul Harris

You can read music

Today’s weekend competition offers a chance to win a copy of Paul Harris’ extremely useful guide entitled You Can Read Music. This practical little book, published by Faber Music, is part of the very popular Simultaneous Learning series, and aims to teach students to read music without an instrument.  A very beneficial publication for anyone wanting to learn from scratch or for those wanting to brush up their reading skills. The book also contains an audio CD.

I have a copy to giveaway, so please leave your comment in the comment box at the end of this post, and I will announce the winner on Sunday evening (British time). Good luck!

If you wish to purchase this book, you can do so here.

My publications:

For much more information about how to practice piano repertoire, take a look at my piano course, Play it again: PIANO (published by Schott Music). Covering a huge array of styles and genres, the course features a large collection of progressive, graded piano repertoire from approximately Grade 1 to advanced diploma level, with copious practice tips for every piece. A convenient and beneficial course for students of any age, with or without a teacher, and it can also be used alongside piano examination syllabuses too.

You can find out more about my other piano publications and compositions here.

23 Comments Add yours

1. I love Paul Harris’s books – my favourite is the Virtuoso Teacher, which completely revolutionised the way I think and feel about teaching!

2. This does look very useful indeed!

3. donalgormley says:

Paul Hartis publications are fab. Looking forward to seeing this one!

4. Michiko says:

My husband needs it! Thank you

5. Ann Coleman says:

Have a few of Paul’s books, and they are indispensable. Would love to add this to my collection!

6. c spencer says:

I would love this book, which I haven’t come across before.

7. Kate Spyker says:

Hello! I would love a copy – I love Paul Harris! Thank you : ))

8. Looks like a great book. Simultaneous learning is a huge aspect of my teaching.

9. Rachel says:

This would be great!

10. Sue says:

Very interesting!!!

11. holora says:

enjoyed reading his book, looking forward to this booklet

12. Kim says:

Would love to add this to my studio collection! Thank you!!:-)

13. Rachel says:

Learning to read music can be such a laborious process for some students. I would love to see how Paul approaches this, as his views on teaching are inspirational.

14. Sanja Cemerski says:

It would be wonderful to have this book. Thank you

15. Paul Harris’s Simultaneous Learning approach inspired me to review how I teach so this book would be incredibly useful

16. Alan Bond says:

Wow if this really works I can retire.

17. Mary says:

Love all Paul Harris books. Use this one a lot!! Have a great weekend

18. Lavinia Livingston says:

I am very interested to explore this book as it might relate to my adult beginning piano community college class. Students enrolled are true beginners and it is an interesting experience to teach music reading to adults with no prior note reading experience. What might Paul have for me in this book?

19. Julie Cooper says:

I have found ALL reading books by Paul Harris to be truly inspirational! I am sure “You can READ MUSIC” would be no exception! Ideal too for students when away from their instrument, on the train, in hotels, anywhere! The CD would enhance “simultaneous” (one of Paul’s favourite words), learning skills in reading and listening! I don’t have a copy and his other books on my shelf would like to see this one used too!

20. Gloria Pevy says:

Hadn’t come across this one. I get so many great ideas from your blog!

21. Howard Evans says:

I have many pupils who could potentially benefit from this book. I would appreciate a copy in order to know if I should recommend it to them.

22. Many thanks to all those who took part – this competition is now closed 🙂