I couldn’t let this day pass without a reference to one of the most popular composers of all time. I love Debussy’s music especially his wonderful piano works. So here is a little piece to celebrate his birthday on this day in 1862 (he died in 1918). It’s from the first book of Préludes and called Girl with the Flaxen Hair (La fille aux cheveux de lin). I recorded this piece at the Wigmore Hall, London in 2002 and it is taken from my Liebesträume disc. You can purchase Liebesträume from here and you can find out about Debussy here. Do hope you like it……
Hi, Welcome to my blog and website. I am a classical pianist, teacher, presenter, adjudicator and author. My piano guide book designed especially for beginners entitled 'So You Want To Play The Piano?' is available from www.soyouwanttoplaythepiano.com.
Thank you for reading, watching and listening - hope to see you again very soon!
Pianist, Author, Teacher, Adjudicator and Presenter
- Variations for Judith: And the Winner is……..?
- Variations for Judith: Win a Signed Copy!
- 9 Recommended Resources for March 2015
- Sinfini Music: Ten Very Easy Piano Pieces
- 5 Practice Tips To Instantly Improve A Performance
- Training to be a Repetiteur
- EPTA Yamaha Urtext Primo Study Day with Nils Franke
- Bilingual Piano Workshops in Germany
- Jamie’s Concerts with Noriko Ogawa
- 10 Top Tips for Tonal Beauty
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- How long will it take to learn to play the piano?
- Why is Grade 5 Theory so important?
- 10 reasons to play the piano
- A few thoughts on Chopin's Nocturne No. 20 in C Sharp Minor Op. Posth.
- Contemporary piano music?
- How long does it take to learn to play the piano? Piano playing tips from Melanie Spanswick
- A few thoughts on Beethoven's Für Elise
- How much piano practice is enough?
- Coaxing the fourth and fifth fingers into action!